Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yellow-tailed black cockatoo drinks from the Goodradigbee

That's a river.

We are again at Wee Jasper, NSW, and the call and flight of this iconic bird can be witnessed many times a day. Mostly they are seen in flight or noisily eating in the tree tops....

"Weeeel-yarr!"


This bloke however was a little thirsty and came down for a drink....






Unfortunately the bird was obscured by the steep bank when he was drinking. So far I continue to be disappointed at my results when photographing this iconic bird (I want to get that tail fanned)!

2 comments:

  1. Great shots and story again Pete. Another Warbly award nominee and it is only January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!
    You are as finicky as I am, them!
    Never entirely satisfied!
    I would really be happy to take similar shots... one day!!
    Cheers, Pete!

    ReplyDelete